David Malin Bio
David was Vice President of Development and Acquisitions at Vestar from 2002 to 2017. From 2002 to 2008, David developed over 5 million square feet of new shopping centers in Arizona. He oversaw all facets of development.
Those projects included:
- Tempe Marketplace in Tempe, AZ (1.3 million sq ft)
- Lake Pleasant Towne Center in Peoria, AZ (800,000 sq ft)
- Sundance Towne Center in Buckeye, AZ (750,000 sq ft)
- Oro Valley Marketplace in Oro Valley, AZ (1 million sq ft)
- Canyon Trails Towne Center in Goodyear, AZ. (900,000 sq ft)
Anchors for these projects included Target, Wal-Mart, Harkins Theatres, Century Theatres, Home Depot, Lowe’s Home Improvement, JCPenney, and Kohl’s.
Vestar received awards from the International Council of Shopping Centers for the design and architecture of Tempe Marketplace, and from the United States Environmental Council for achieving LEED certification at Oro Valley Marketplace.
From 2010 to 2017 at Vestar, David redeveloped, repositioned, and rebranded over 4 million square feet of shopping centers in Colorado, Texas, and Arizona. He oversaw all facets of redevelopment.
Those projects included:
- Orchard Town Center in Westminster, CO (1 million sq ft)
- Bowles Crossing in Littleton, CO (450,000 sq ft)
- Deerbrook Marketplace in Humble, TX (400,000 sq ft)
- Village on the Parkway in Addison, TX (450,000 sq ft)
- Desert Ridge Marketplace in Phoenix, AZ (1.2 million sq ft)
H&R Retail/Chain Links
Before signing on with Vestar, David was a leasing broker and asset manager from 1990–2002 with H&R Retail/Chain Links and its sister company, Maryland Financial Investors. He was a top producing broker/leasing agent and exclusively represented Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods, PetSmart, and Ross Stores, as well as many regional and local tenants in the Baltimore / Washington, DC / Northern Virginia markets. In addition, David also asset-managed and leased 20 shopping centers owned by Maryland Financial Investors in the Baltimore real estate market.
David Malin graduated from Western Maryland College (now called McDaniel College) in 1985 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He majored in both Political Science and History, and was honored with the following achievements:
- NCAA Academic All-America® second team for Men’s Basketball (1985)
- Member of Pi Sigma Alpha
- Member of Pi Gamma Mu
- National Political Science Honor Society
- International Honor Society in Social Science
- Selected by Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges (1985)
Graduated from University of Baltimore School of Law in 1988 with a Juris Doctor degree.
- Member of the American Bar Association (inactive status)
- Member of the Maryland Bar Association (inactive status)
- Member of the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association (inactive status)